Home Dialysis Training

Home Dialysis Training
February 2010 - Last day of NX Stage Home Dialysis Training - Robbie and Dolly receive certificate and the nurses gave them a party.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

06/01/10



Time is growing near. With the help of NX STAGE staff, supplies were ordered and delivered. I will not be in town for July delivery. Supplies will cover two months. You have the choice to have supplies delivered to your destination. I chose to carry all supplies since I will be in several locations for a short periods. Several hotels will be visited.
Total days are 13. I calandered days of travel with no more than 400 miles per day to allow for dialysis time of 4 total hours per tx. This includes set up and take off. Total number of treatments is eight on the road. I plan days off one at a time and no more than one day off between treatments. DO YOUR CALENDAR.
The picture shows everything going for the trip except for two suitcases and the NX STAGE machine. I am taking extra supplies for mishaps such as fluid leakage or contamination.



Supplies are listed for information on what is needed:
  • NX STAGE MACHINE w/portable carry case
  • 20 boxes dialysate
  • 2 boxes cartridges total 12 cartridges
  • 8 waste lines
  • 12 mla warmer bag lines
  • Small bag with three to two prog conversion plug, isb port, power surge protector with long cord or extension cord 15 mfeet long, flashlight.
  • Big suitcase with supplies as follows:
  1. Portable stool
  2. 2 sand buckets in case waste lines do not reach bathroom. I think you can figure that out.
  3. Blue sterile pads
  4. Access needles plenty
  5. ETOH sponges
  6. Betadine swabs
  7. Sterile sponges
  8. Torniquets
  9. Tape
  10. Scizzors
  11. Antibacterial soap
  12. Heparin
  13. Access needles
Consult MDr regarding antibiotic in case of site infection. If needed carry lab supplies including culturettes.

Also we are taking:
  • Arm pillow
  • Sharps container
  • Plastic trash bags
  • Portable scale
  • 2 boxes saliene bags
  • T.V. tray table
  • A dolly to help move stuff



It helps a great deal to write down your travel supply needs. When you start packing, check off from your list. Do this with your dialysis partner. Two heads are better than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog

Home dialysis was the "next stage" for me to give me added personal freedom and control over kidney disease and dialysis. Dolly and my mom were my training partners for home dialysis. We received our training at the NW Fresenius Medical Center Clinic in January 2010.



I set up this blog so I could share with friends and family my experiences with the NxStage Home Dialysis system.