Home Dialysis Training

Home Dialysis Training
February 2010 - Last day of NX Stage Home Dialysis Training - Robbie and Dolly receive certificate and the nurses gave them a party.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Returning home


We had a great time at family reunion. We are on our way home. We found it worked out best to use a waste basket to capture the fluids from the wasteline since the wasteline did not reach into a bathroom at the cabin or hotels. Otherwise the dialysis went fine. This time we used the end table between the beds for the cycler. It took some thought to set up in places for dialysis and arranging the area for dialysis. The carry case holds the cycler but not all the attachments which have to be taken off to package the cycler. We did have a bag for carrying attachments. We found the carry case awkward to load the dialysis machine and believe some enhancements can be made to make transporting the cycler easier for two ladies to handle. We could not blog often as we did not have Internet at the cabin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my blog

Home dialysis was the "next stage" for me to give me added personal freedom and control over kidney disease and dialysis. Dolly and my mom were my training partners for home dialysis. We received our training at the NW Fresenius Medical Center Clinic in January 2010.



I set up this blog so I could share with friends and family my experiences with the NxStage Home Dialysis system.